The East Valley Association of REALTORS® consistently advocates for the interests of its members and their clients, both at the government level and at the local community level.
It is the objective of the East Valley Association of REALTORS® (EVAR) Legislative Committee to:
- Support candidates, who understand the concerns and needs of EVAR Members, in local government elections.
- Support the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) in their efforts to pass legislation that is: REALTOR®-friendly, protects private property rights, supports homeownership, and promotes an economic environment in which businesses and the real estate industry can thrive (and to oppose legislation that does not accomplish these aims).
- Keep EVAR members informed about pending real estate-related legislation and regulatory changes that impact their business.
- Educate EVAR members about how to become involved in the political process when it comes to critical legislative initiatives that affect our members and their clients.
- In addition to its engagement in the political process, a major role of the Legislative Committee is to forge partnerships with local organizations and support programs that have the potential to expand housing opportunities and build stronger communities in the East Valley.
Below are links to C.A.R. and NAR Industry, Legislative and Policy updates:
C.A.R.’s media experts provide analysis of the major national real estate news stories. Their insights help you make sense of the often conflicting and confusing data, market studies, and news reports about your industry and profession.
The Washington Report is a weekly e-newsletter on legislative and regulatory policy activities compiled by NAR’s Government Affairs policy staff.